Advanced Rule Creation
Use Advanced Rules to compose the free-form expression you will need to evaluate for your rule.
In the dashboard, go to Projects > Rules
Click Add New Rule. Select whether you are creating Cloud Rules or Edge Rules.
Cloud Rules process sensor data ingested on the cloud-level.
Edge Rules are downloaded to the device and can process incoming sensor data and trigger actions without having to send the data to the cloud or external system.
Select Advanced and click "Continue"
In the Conditions text area, a sample condition is already populated:
event.attribute.number > 1
event.channelId == "01CSEX91A9R0BN400NFZ34GQHZ" && landmark("inside", ["01CSVQGJQ51QENCJ2X02VQASXW"], event.payload.location)
- landmark(trigger, landmarkIds, event.payload.location) - returns true if event.payload.location match trigger and landmark boundaries
- match(event.payload.attribute, string, flags) - returns true if attribute matches string
- toDate(isostring) - convert isostring to date
- now(timezone) - return the current date in given timezone
- minutesOfDay(timezone) - returns minutes of the day in given timezone
- dayOfWeek(timezone) - returns day of the week (sunday-saturday : 0 - 6) in given timezone